It’s that time of year! (for a recap meme inspired by Sundry. My old recaps are here - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Had a second baby! I have two sons! That is really incredible. I
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This is such a depressing one for me, I don’t think I kept a single one. I don’t even want to link to the post where I first wrote them because I just so completely and utterly failed. But, hope springs eternal and I will for sure be making more for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me. I gave birth! That’s pretty close to me, right? Me is close to me. Seth’s son’s wife had a baby boy, too! A few film school friends had babies and so many internet babies were born this year too. The year of the horse was almost as busy as the year of the dragon.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries (and states) did you visit?
Only America. I think I’m changing this to what states did you visit. We visited Colorado, Massachusetts and Maine.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More than 3 months work. Wow, I did not work a lot this year and we are broke.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 25th, Manny’s birthday.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through without calling a divorce attorney!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my temper too many times with Moses. Two year olds! They are tough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My foot got run over by a Volvo and I had a c section. That’s pretty injurious, I’d say.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer is pretty great. Tickets to Fenway. Basically that whole East Coast trip was great.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Student loans, credit card payments, my movie, childcare and baby gear.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Having a baby! And Serial.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:?
– happier or sadder? I’m about the same, I started taking happy pills and they seem to be working, but we have had a tough year and I’m ready to work on that this year.
– thinner or fatter? thinner! But I had a baby, so while it counts, it kind of feels like cheating.
– richer or poorer? poorer. WAY poorer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken better care of my relationship.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Get into screaming fights with Seth.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent it at home, really low key. Seth’s sister and his close friend came over for brunch and we had lox and bagels and champagne. Next year I hope I can do a bigger thing, but it was really nice to not have to really do anything this year.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I have quite a few actually, I love Getting On, The Comeback, True Tori, House of Cards, and The Fall.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I read a grand total of 4 books this year. That is pathetic. The best one I read was The Name of the Star.
21. What was your favorite music this year?
I really like that Hozier Take Me to Church song and a couple of other ones that seem to be in heavy rotation on my “alternative” station, but band names are so hard to remember now. This is the most “almost 40″ thing I think I’ve said.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I think I saw about 3 movies this year. Gone Girl was the best? But that’s not saying much.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Huh, well. I don’t remember! I think we had ice cream cake at work? Or cupcakes? I was 38. (oo! I looked this up, we went to dinner at a new to me restaurant, Seth hated the ambiance and I loved the food.)
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Oh man, I would have loved to have had a better year with Seth this year. Two kids 20 months apart has really done a number on us and I cannot wait for 2015 where we work on us. Like with a professional.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Same as last year but in reverse - maternity stuff and fat pants. Man, I hope 2015 will be my year to get out of these clothes. I am so sick of them.
26. What kept you sane?
Drugs. Good god, thank you, pharmaceuticals.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Marriage, no matter how passionate and exciting it was in the beginning can be a real drag when you’re slogging through the early years of parenting. It’s worth it though.